Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cranberry Sauce


I have never made cranberry sauce but the cranberries looked like gorgeous little rubies in the store, so I bought them. I usually make baked goods with cranberry's but after all the pies I didn't feel like baking. So I made this sauce.
Piglet loved licking the spoon after I was done, Diva wasn't so impressed.






Cranberry Sauce

12 oz package or four cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
Juice from one orange plus water to equal 1 cup
1 cup sugar (I use sugar in the raw or sometimes brown)
three long strips of lemon zest/Zest off of an orange
Optional- a few slices of fresh ginger

Wash and pick over the cranberries. Put all the ingredients into a small pot. Bring to a boil, stirring to make sure sugar dissolves. Turn to a low simmer for 10 minutes. The cranberries will burst and sound like popcorn, though not as fast. While this is cute and fun, be careful if the kids are watching, the liquid is hot- I know because it popped on my arm. Remove from heat. Remove zest and ginger, pour into your serving bowl and cool for one hour then refrigerate.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.