Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spiced Apple Sauce

I was attempting to make some spiced apples for dinner tonight to go with the Hand held pork pies I am making. But my measurements were off and I had to keep simmering the mixture so now it's an apple sauce. But my house smells divine and this is YUMMY. I am sure DH and the girls will love it.





Spicy Apple Sauce
5 Apples (I used three golden delicious and 2 jonagold)
1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
2 strips of fresh lemon rind



1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 slices of fresh ginger root
1 cup of evaporated cane juice (or any sugar you use)
2 cups of water (this is where I went wrong I am sure 1 1/2 cups is plenty)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
I peeled, and cut up the apples into chunks, discarding the cores and peel. Saute the apples in butter for a little bit, then add spices, water and sugar stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until it's the consistency you like. Stir occasionally. Take out lemon rind, cinnamon stick, ginger root and star anise before serving or storing. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.