Thursday, October 25, 2007

Quick lasanga...

I ended up making two of these lasagnas, one to freeze and one to have this weekend. Pretty simple and straight forward. When I bake the frozen one I will bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until warmed through. Otherwise 45 minutes at 350 should do the trick.

Equal amounts of ground Italian sausage and Ground beef
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used a huge jar)



1 can of Rotel tomatoes with diced chili's
1 Small onion chopped
1 Medium red bell pepper chopped
1 Clove garlic minced
12 oz Sliced mushrooms
1 Bay leaf
Red pepper flakes
Italian seasoning
1 tub of Ricotta (I ended up using two big tubs)
2 Eggs (4 for two tubs of ricotta)





Parmesan cheese grated (divided)
Sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Shredded mozzarella (I used about 8 cups)
No boil lasagna noodles (I like these because they soak up flavor from the sauce)

Brown the meats in a dutch oven then remove and set aside, if needed drain any liquid fat. (I set some aside for our calzones)





In same dutch oven sauté garlic and onions, add mushrooms and bell peppers, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, a little salt and sweat.












Add the meat, Rotel and jarred sauce, simmer for 30 minutes.












While the sauce simmers, mix the ricotta, eggs, Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper in a bowl.











Assembly-
Ladle a little bit of sauce on the bottom of the pan to keep the noodles from sticking to it. Layer the sauce with one layer of noodles. Pour some sauce over the noodles.










Carefully top with ricotta mixture.












Next add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Repeat layers ending with mozzarella cheese. Top with Parmesan. Bake as directed or cover with foil and freeze for later.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.