Monday, October 29, 2007

Molded Eggs



I actually got the instructions to use ice cream sandwich molds as egg molds from Lunch in a Box. I have actual egg molds also and I like both, the detail on the ice cream sandwich molds is too cute however. The process is very simple and it's fast, I like to make a few at a time and keep them in the fridge for quick lunch packing or snacks.

Molding Hard Boiled Eggs


  1. Boil eggs until hard boiled. Peel off shell while hot, place hot/warm egg into the mold.
  2. If using an actual egg mold just close it up, for the ice cream sandwich molds hold the mold together with rubber bands.
  3. Place in an water and ice bath for 10 minutes. Remove from molds. I find that it is harder to remove the eggs if I am using the ice cream sandwich molds due to the details on the faces and star. So try to do this carefully.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought some of these from Walmart and NEVER thought to do this! It is a great idea, will have to try!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.