Monday, October 29, 2007

Asian Style crock pot pork ribs...

Okay I felt like experimenting a bit. I am not big on BBQ sauce. But I do like dry rubs on ribs and such. I never make ribs really, I am not good at it and they take a long time. Usually I just wrap them in foil and put them in a low oven for a few hours. But I figured I would have some "testers" available for dinner so I came up with these. I originally wanted to put them in foil in the oven but I didn't want the oven on that long. So i used my Crock pot.
I even remembered to write down what I put in these and roundabout amounts.


Give Peas A Chance  Asian Style Pork ribs

3 1/2 pounds pork ribs, cut into sections
15 1/4 oz can of pineapple slices with juice
1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce
1/2 cup of oyster sauce
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 1/2 inch piece of ginger cut into slices
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 stalks of celery
1 small onion cut into chucks

Heat the Crock pot while you slice the pork ribs and make the marinade. I didn't have much time for I put these on high for 5 hours, I am SURE four hours would have been sufficient.
Add the pork ribs, whole stalks of celery and onions to the Crock pot.
for the marinade - combine the rest of the ingredients. I DID put the pineapple chunks in but next time I will reserve them to eat since I ended up straining the marinade to reduce it. Pour marinade over the pork and vegetables in the Crock pot. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours, or low 8 hours.
When done remove the pork and put it on a broiler pan. Strain the marinade and reduce it by half in a small sauce pan on med high heat. Discard ginger, celery and onions pieces. Broil the ribs in the oven until they get nice color. Serve with sauce.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.