Friday, October 5, 2007

10-03-2007 Walking the dog bento


The night I packed this lunch Diva requested broccoli and carrots, she also wanted heart "sammies" so I came up with this bento for her. Dh and Diva both would LOVE a dog, as a matter of fact so would I. I would jump at the chance to get a Bull Mastiff if Diva and I we not allergic. I titled this bento "walking the dog", I put blades of green bell pepper "grass", carrot "flowers" and broccoli "trees" under the dog (cut out from cheese) in the upper left corner. The upper right corner is a grape tomato (I am trying to pack her lunches with the five color rule to get us all to eat more variety and it was looking bland so i put the tomato in there). Under that dog is a few tortilla and cheese heart cut outs. The lower left corner has pear "rocks" and a pureed cinnamon squash face, the eyes are runny because my eyes get that way when I am around dogs. the last container has pretzel sticks for "fetching", a container of Cesar dressing and a heart shaped cheese cutout with a dog sandwich on top. She was pretty thrilled when I showed it to her this morning, I hope she eats it all, I am sure she will there isn't anything in there that she doesn't really like. I was laughing last night when she asked for the heart shaped sandwiches, I was telling DH she probably has friends that get them so she thinks they are so spectacular. And here I am, I have yet to send her to school with a sandwich, we didn't even have good bread in the house. LOL
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. OK I am commenting because I don't want to be a "lurker!" LOL
    This dog Bento is my favorite, but I think it should be called the "Nellie Bento." After all...she is the most gorgeous dog in the whole world--her beauty is reknown, even in Iraq (there's a story behind that...) Plus, if it is Diva's Bento, it would be appropriate because she loves Nellie. However, if Piglet is partaking, maybe there should be no Nellie references, since Nellie sends Piglet into convulsions of fear. Poor thing. (Although I don't know if I feel more sorry for Piglet, or for the innocent Nellie :) LOL

    OK, now, speaking of Bentos...this message is for DH--You just HAVE to let KD get this awesome Bento bag: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7163318
    It is the cutest thing ever and would be perfect for Diva's little lunches. OK it has hedgehogs on it and I am the hedgehog fan (R.I.P Edward), but I will never have a Bento and everybody loves them because they are so cute, so I will live vicariously through Diva and her hedgie bag.
    So, if KD buys this, don't blame her--blame me. I applied peer-pressure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.