Thursday, February 1, 2024

Peasreads: Spellbound at Pemberley, Abigail Reynolds

 


This book is a variation of Austen's Pride and Prejudice.  It has magic, dragons, and fae.  Darcy is a mage, and Elizabeth has magic of her own, which they call talents. Because this is a variation, the author does not take the time to develop the characters. I guess it is expected that the reader should already know the characters and their mannerisms and characteristics, There isn't much time given to explain the talents and the world the characters were in. I felt like I was just dropped into the middle of the story. If I were not a fan of Austen's I am unsure I would have enjoyed or connected with these characters well. It is an entertaining read and it's a short one. It does end on a cliffhanger. I like it enough that I want to read the sequel and fans of Austen and Fantasy would like this also. It is a clean read.


Description
Fitzwilliam Darcy is a powerful mage and master of illusions. His abilities make him the perfect man for a dangerous mission to end the devastating war with Napoleon – a mission that would leave him little chance of returning alive. When he meets the enchanting Elizabeth Bennet, whose magical Talents are as deep as they are inexplicable, he knows he needs her help. And there’s only one way to get that – marriage. Immediately.

Elizabeth wants nothing to do with his plan. Marrying Darcy would mean breaking her strong and beloved magical bond to Longbourn and giving up the use of her Talent forever. Then dragons enter the war in Europe, and England's survival hangs in the balance. And Elizabeth must make the ultimate sacrifice.

But dragons are already watching their newlywed journey to Pemberley, and a shocking discovery will force them to question everything they believe. Can they learn to trust each other and work together to save their country--and their lives?

If you enjoy fantasy and Jane Austen's classic Pride & Prejudice, you'll love Spellbound at Pemberley, the first book of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Mage!



Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.

Amazon reviews Katereviews.

Goodreads reviews.
I received this book from NetGalley for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are  my own. I am disclosing this per the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.