Saturday, February 17, 2024

Peasreads: Folktales for Fearless Girls by Samantha Newman and Khoa Le


This is a collection of stories and folklore focusing on strong female characters. The stories are fun, some I have heard of before, and many I have not. All of them were interesting, and engaging, and had information on where the story had originated.  Khao Le illustrates the book pages in a colorful rich palette. It is fun to look at. This book is great for kids who are 8 years and up. Some themes are very sad. Loss of parents, rejection from parents and society, death, murder. Nothing graphic. 
This is a fun collection for children of all ages if you discuss with your child some of the themes. 


 Description
Meet the heroines who take charge of their own destinies ...

This beautifully illustrated book retells an inspiring collection of 15 traditional stories from around the world. The classic folk tales feature bold, stereotype-defying young women who strike out with courage, and provide wonderful role models for young readers. Each tale is brought to life by the mesmerising full-colour artwork of award-winning illustrator Khoa Le.

Perfect for children aged 8+.

ABOUT THE SERIES: Arcturus Publishing's Inspiring Heroines series retells classic children's stories, showcasing strong female protagonists who strike out against adversity and smash stereotypes. Featuring enchanting full-colour illustrations by Khoa Le, these empowering tales will inspire young readers to dream big.

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.

Amazon reviews Katereviews.

Goodreads reviews.
I received this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was under no obligation to give a review. All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this per the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.