Saturday, January 23, 2021

Ramen noodles

These ramen noodles are simple to make, I use a Philips Pasta Maker. I just dump the ingredients in and press some buttons. You can make this by hand also, but I don't have a pasta roller or cutter so I don't.
Serve these noodles with your favorite broth or as a cold noodle dish.
So simple and silky.

 Ramen Noodles

500 grams bread flour
180 grams water
1 egg yolk (omit egg yolk and use 200 gr of water total for a vegan ramen)
5 grams sodium bicarbonate solution (Photo of the bottle I use here)
pinch or two of salt (optional)
  1. Place all the dry ingredients into the Philips Pasta maker. I used the ramen noodle disc.
  2. Turn machine on for the 500 gram setting, and slowly add in water, beaten egg yolk, and sodium bicarbonate solution.
  3. Let the machine knead the dough, before the extrusion cycle starts turn the machine off for 15 minutes.
  4. Turn the machine on and let it knead the dough and turn off before the extrusion cycle once more.
  5. Turn the machine on for a final time and let it knead and extrude the noodles.
  6. Boil noodles until desired tenderness.
  7. Drain and rinse with cool water.
  8. Serve with broth or in a cold noodle salad.



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.