Sunday, June 28, 2020

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies (Chewy)

Rich, flavorful, chewy with crispy edges. I love chocolate chip cookies and this recipe has all the elements I just mentioned. The browned butter and dark brown sugar give these cookies a butterscotch toffee flavor and the dark brown sugar makes them chewy. I do have quite a few other recipes on this blog.  I can't help it. This one, the Gideon cookies, the Kiss Me  Chocolate Chip Cookies, so many yummy ones. Just pick one, the Skillet Chocolate Chip cookie is the easiest.
As far as this recipe I will definitely make them again. With or without the Toffee chips. I would love to put nuts in them, but my child can't eat nuts. I use less chocolate and toffee in these than most people would but we love the cookie like this.
This is a great batter to customize.

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

18 large cookies or 36 medium size cookies (pictured)
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour (8-3/4 oz, 243 gr)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (1/8 oz, 4 gr)
16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar (5-1/4 oz, 148 gr)
1/4 cup sugar (2 oz, 56 gr)
3/4 teaspoon salt (1/8oz, 2 gr)
3 teaspoons vanilla (3/8 oz, 11 gr)
1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
4 oz chocolate chips
4 oz toffee bits
4 oz nuts, optional
( If you like more chocolate use 8 oz chocolate chips and 4 ounces of nuts, toffee chips etc)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees with the oven rack in the middle of your oven. (I baked on two racks with my convection oven),
  2. Whisk flour and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
  3. Melt 9 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet swirling until the butter is dark brown and aromatic. Transfer the butter to a large bowl. Stir in remaining butter to melt.
  4. Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to the melted butter. Whisk until incorporated. 
  5. Add egg and egg yolk to butter mixture, whisk until smooth. Let the mixture rest for a minute then whisk again until shiny and smooth. Repeat the process once or twice. Do not over whisk or whip the mixture.
  6. Fold flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits, and or nuts.
  7. Form 2 to 3-ounce size balls depending on how big you want your cookies. 
  8. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Optional: Remove the baking sheet from the oven and tapping them on the counter to flatten and deflate the cookies a bit halfway through, and finish cooking. 
  9. Transfer to a cooling rack.




Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.