Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Garlic Chile Edamame

Garlic Chile Edamame, perfect for an appetizer or snack.
The girls and I first had these at a sushi bar in Houston. So good, usually when I'm eating sushi I might eat a few salted edamame and call it good, because let's face it I'm there for sushi. But these garlicky, spicy, sweet, salty Garlic Chile Edamame were so yummy I think we even ordered seconds. I'm sure of it actually.
These are the perfect appetizer, but they are also great for after school snacks and movie nights. The ingredients are simple and things I always have on hand. I keep a peeled piece of ginger in my freezer. Whenever I need grated ginger I just pull it out and grate it with my microplane while frozen. Works like a charm!

These are also quick to make, ten minutes and they are ready to eat. Very easy, your kids could make these on their own. Okay, depending on age. Mine are between 7-11. The only thing my 7 year old would need help with is the hot water on the stove.

Don't they look yummy? SO SO good. I hope you'll try these.


Garlic Chile Edamame


1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2-3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, grated/minced
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 bag frozen Edamame
Fleur de sel, sea salt, or kosher salt
Wedge of lime

  1. Cook Edamame in a dutch oven for about 4 minutes in boiling water and drain well. Set aside.
  2. In a skillet  or dutch oven heat the oil until shimmering. Not smoking.
  3. Add fresh ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Do not brown.
  4. Stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Let cook until syrupy.
  5. Toss Edamame into the sauce until well coated.
  6. Squeeze some lime juice on them.
  7. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.