Friday, September 13, 2013

Mercy



Mercy.

I desperately need mercy.
Grace.
Forgiveness.
Having my wrongs pardoned.
Wrongs= SIN
Towards-
God
Family
Friends
Strangers.
Because I screw up.
I am not perfect.
I am at times-
prideful
selfish
lazy
unforgiving
rude.
I'm also ...
Saved.
By grace.
Not by me.
Not by my
love
perfection (lack of)
righteousness (lack of)
patience (what little I have)
works
deeds
family name.
No.
Not a thing I can do/have done can redeem.
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
God's mercy and grace flowed down that cross.
Washing away...
EVERYTHING.
Past.
Present.
Future.
Everything.
I NEED MERCY.
I NEED...
to give mercy.
Forgive as Christ forgives.
Love as Christ loves.
Give mercy to
my kids
my DH
my family
my friends
my church family
my fellow man.
To whom much has been given...
Mistakes happen.
People fail me.
I fail them.
Forgiveness.
Mercy.
Love.
Wipes us clean.
Lord help me to be merciful.
STOP.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go and comment on the post of the person who linked up before you. This is the one rule of this community.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-lonely/#sthash.JLvjWS85.dpuf
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That pretty much says it all! I need mercy too, like I need air to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one today. Your thoughts are just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing. I pray daily that He will also help me to be more merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy is for the taking ... all we have to do is ask.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.