Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whipped Coconut oil lotion

I love coconut oil. I cook with it, I use it in my hair. I have used it as a body oil. I love coconut butter, coconut manna. If you search this blog you'll find posts on all of these. I have never whipped coconut oil up to use as a body lotion though. I saw a pin on pinterest with a coconut oil lotion, but it used a thickener and glycerin. I didn't want to mess with buying any ingredients. So I just whipped it up with what I had on hand. It works great. It still melts at body temperature. But it's easier to scoop of a jar and it has other good oils in it. The problem is, as soon as it gets warm you have liquid again. So maybe I should pick up some stabilizers LOL.
I used pure vitamin E oil that I had on hand and I also put some of this Coconut hair oil in. I read all the ingredients and thought, hmm. This has good stuff in it.

Whipped Coconut oil lotion
1 cup coconut oil-  do not melt this first
1-2 teaspoons Vitamin E
1-2 teaspoons Coconut hair oil (optional, or use another oil like almond or olive)

Place the ingredients in a stand mixer. You can do this with a hand mixer, but you won't be able to walk away and do other things. Whip up the ingredients until fluffy. If it's not whipping up chill the bowl with oils in it for about 10 minutes and continue whipping.
Store in a jar. I keep mine in the fridge.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Body lotion is great providing your skin with anti-oxidants daily through your Dr Baumann Skincare, but for excellent results, Vitamins and minerals in your diet is essential for healthier skin.It take care my skin .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.