Saturday, December 4, 2010

Play Makeup in recycled compacts (tutorial)

We have three girls. Three fairly girly girls Not all the time, but most of the time they are girly girls. So when someone posted THIS link for play makeup I was all about it- I saw these on how to sites also. The problem of course is that I hardly wear makeup, I did have nail polish though. I did end up buying the compacts, $1 each, E.L.F cosmetics. I found them at Target so I didn't have to pay shipping. I was concerned that the nail polish would seep through the compact holes. So I put a little school glue around the edges inside each circle, just around the rims. After the glue dried I poured the nail polish it. It does shrink when dried.  And it takes a good three days. I also washed the brushes on the nail polish bottles and let the color dry inside so they can play with those, I'll post pictures later of those.
Normally I wouldn't give my two year old something with a mirror, but it will just have to be something she has when mommy is playing with her.
These will be in the girls stockings this year, they would make fun party favors though. I thought about just making lip balm and putting that in the compact but decided against it.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did it on the nice elf ones! I love elf.

    Elf does LOTS of online sales. I am a little too familiar with Elf.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.