Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wong Gee Chinese Restaurant (Maryland/ Washington DC)


I am certain we would have never tried Wong Gee if it weren't for the fact that I was looking for a Lion Dance performance the week AFTER Chinese New Year to take the children to. It's in a strip mall, on a main street, but nothing that would make me turn my head for a second look. They serve Cantonese style Chinese food. The food is fantastic. They also have an Americanized menu. DH ordered chicken curry- it was OK. I ordered some FAN-TA-BU-LOUS dishes. They also serve Dim Sum. More on that later.
When we went for the Lion Dance the waitstaff was so nice and accommodating. They had our table ready for us when we got there (reservations aren't needed, but I made them).  Brought extra napkins and got our drink order right away. The restaurant was clean and so was the bathroom :-). They have fresh (live) seafood cooked to order also.
The hot tea was nothing to write home about but, in general I don't think MOST Jasmine tea served at Chinese restaurants are anything to write home about. Still, great with our meal. And look at Pixie's cute little hands.
The girls and I love double pan fried noodles. At Wong Gee they gave us enough to share. The noodles were crispy and there was enough gravy from the the meat and vegetables to soften them beautifully. So flavorful. LOVED IT...
DH ordered Chicken Curry HOT. I don't know if it's because he's white or what but when he says HOT in most Asian restaurants they bring him kinda hot. But he said it was good anyway. 
Roasted Pork.
Tender juicy pork, crisp flavorful skin.  I am unsure if they roast the pork and duck on site, they might. They have them hanging up in a case up front.
 Either way YUM. 
 I also ordered Duck Blood with Chinese Five Spice. Steamed duck blood, sliced then stir fried with vegetables and five spice. The girls thought it was OK but they didn't love it. I'm OK with that as long as they tried it. I thought it was one of the best I've had.
All it all dinner was wonderful and the service was great. When I took my two youngest girls back for Dim Sum, everything I ordered was fresh. During the weekday there was no carts being pushed around but it didn't matter. We had the Double pan fried noodles,  crisp spring rolls, Five Spice tripe, Pork Bao, Wonton soup- for DD. Everything was delicious and again the service was fantastic. I love this place.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.