Friday, May 22, 2009

GPAC Teething Biscuits

**Sorry I removed all the pictures of Pixie chewing on these**
It’s hard finding teething biscuits with minimal ingredients, no soy products and no refined sugars. These teething biscuits hold up better than store bought. They are still messy but not as messy. You can add flavor with any spices you’d like, such as- cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, mild curry powder, all spice. The dough is stiff, not hard to work with but it isn’t like kneading bread dough.



GPAC Teething Biscuits
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup maple syrup- I use about 2 tablespoons more
3 tablespoons applesauce- I use homemade applesauce, if you use store bought find one that is unsweetened
I put ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in this batch

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Put all the ingredients into a bowl, stir with a wooden spoon until the dough starts to hold together.






It will be a little dry.








Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth (3-4 minutes).








Roll out to 1/3 inch thick. Cut into shapes that are easy for baby to hold. I used a mason jar lid to make a round biscuit, then I cut out a small hole in the middle. Bake on parchment paper until the bottoms are slightly browned. About 35 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet. Store the biscuits for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.