Friday, October 5, 2007

What is it about meatloaf?


This was Diva's lunch on 8-29-07
I wonder what it is about meatloaf that makes people either love it or hate it. For some it's a source of comfort and memories of a home cooked meal, for others it brings back memories of having to sit at the table pushing it around the plate to make it look like you've eaten more than the one bite that fell on the floor for the dog. Diva insists she does not eat meatloaf, doesn't like it. I am certain she only says that because "Daddy doesn't like it", in fact meatloaf is one of those meals I make when DH is deployed, because I know he doesn't like it. Since DH was deployed during this time I took the opportunity to make meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes. While I had the meatloaf in the oven I could hear Diva poking her head into the kitchen more than once "mommy I don't like meatloaf" despite the fact that each time I have made it she has wolfed it down. I will be the first to admit I am a mean mom, you eat what I feed you and that is all there is to it. I realize I have a three year old and it's wise to pick my battles and the fact of the matter is Diva will eat just about anything- sushi, raw onions, steamed broccoli, ba-lut, chicken liver, fish the only thing I can think of at the moment that she won't eat is raw mushrooms, but she loves them cooked so I am thinking to myself is this a a battle I want to lose? A hill I want to die on? I am a bit unsure I have the energy for this tonight, we're nearing the end of this deployment and quite frankly I would let her eat fast food for the next fifteen meals if it means I don't have to reason with her. So I tell her she needs to at least try it. There are plenty of veggies and mashed potatoes she can eat if she doesn't like it this compromise sits well with her and she goes off to play with Nana.
As it turns out Diva loved the meatloaf, "this is so good mommy" "I really like meatloaf" Ahhh do you hear that? That my friends is the sound of opportunity knocking and I snatch it up and say "I am so glad you like your dinner honey, would you like mommy to pack you meatloaf for school tomorrow?" "yes that would be yummy!" Yeah! one last thing for me to try to figure out in the morning. So there it is, a picture of her meatloaf lunch. complete with mini champagne grapes, kiwi and mashed potatoes dotted with flowers made from bell pepper and currants.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.