Friday, June 28, 2013

In Between- #FiveMinuteFriday #FMFParty



In Between-
My middle child probably feels like she's perpetually in between ages.
Too young to do what her older sister does.
Too old to do certain things that her youngest sister does.
I was not a middle child, we didn't have a middle child in our family. It was just two of us.
Piglet.
In the middle.
She turns 7 this coming week.
I'm praying that she continues to grow, to find balance in her life.
To find blessing in the limits she has now, and freedom in being an older sister also.
Freedom in knowing where God has placed her in our family.
Knowing that she was made for a purpose, that is her's and her's alone to fulfill.
Not her older sister.
Not her younger sister.
Just her, the perfect "In Between".
I pray that the Lord will draw her near.
That she would grow to chase after God.
To be a woman after His own heart.
That she would delight herself in Him.
That He would place His perfect desire's in her heart.
That she would flourish in the middle.
That she would never waver seeking to be older.
That she would never look back, wishing she was younger.
That she would just be all that God has created her to be.
STOP



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back on Lisa-Jo's blog through the button below or this link and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
 Five Minute Friday






Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Found you through the Five Minute Friday link up party! :)
    Your post is beautiful. Your daughters are blessed to have you as their mama who prays for them and encourages them. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining you in praying this for my Middlenificent! Thanks for sharing. I popped over from Lisa-Jo's.
    May you be magnificently blessed today!
    Tina @ Mommynificent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! for visiting! and for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. As a middle child myself, I love this! Thank you for sharing your beautiful hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the middle girl. I felt my older sister was bossy and my parents like my younger sister better. LOL.... I was such a loser....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girls! I was the oldest of two for a long time, then gained a much younger sister who never made anyone feel in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! what a blessing to have sisters

      Delete
  6. What lovely girls. Your writing was perfect. As a middle sister with sisters I can see yours are very lucky you understand so well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.