Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday- Fall #FiveMinuteFriday


Pixie 2012

This is my first, and who knows maybe my last :P Five Minute Friday.
Fall. When I first saw the word I thought about crisp air, leaves, leaves all over. Here in this area. ALL over, gorgeous leaves like I have never seen. Maybe once in a while when we drove up to Red River CO. But here? Every year I'm blessed and just in awe of the amazing color, texture, variety of leaves. So many colors God came up with. How He programmed the trees to cut of nourishment to those leaves when the air gets crisp. So that they change, turn color, fall off, this is perfect for the trees. Keeps them healthy, sustains them through the winter. Preserves them at their core, so their roots can keep digging deeper. What about me? When God takes something away, could be for good, could be for a season. Am I able to see past what is missing? What is not mine? To see what IS mine? ALL that is mine? The blessings, the joy, the HOPE in Christ? I pray that I would be able to. But I know I don't always.
Five minutes is up :).

Five Minute Friday
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great way to think about it. I have always loved Fall and the beautiful colors- but I never tied it back to thinking about when God cuts something off in my life- that maybe it is for my good! That maybe *that* will make something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh- thanks for visiting I'm off to read your five minutes now.
      I think it's a wonderful reminder to myself that the Lord gives and takes away.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you took a chance and posted your first 'five minutes.' I love the leaves of fall. Sometimes I think it's the only thing that gets me through the hustle and bustle of a new school year. And it reminds me that it is through death we see new life. Hope to see you again at LisaJo's place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your five minutes! Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.