Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's get this- Day two and some shortcuts with food prep


I feel yucky. My body is so used to junk. I think I'm craving sugars, something chewy and yeasty- grains, brownies... Georgetown cupcakes. I'm not hungry, it's not like there's food I can't have. I'm going to keep plugging and see how this goes for the next couple of weeks. After I've done this for a couple of months I might add legumes. I'm not sure, we'll see. I feel like my blood sugar is low. It probably is not having refined sugars. I need to eat more fruit. But my blood sugar has been feeling this way for the past three weeks. This is nothing new. I just can't break off a piece of chocolate to bring it up. I have to make smarter choices.
For breakfast I had three eggs, sauteed mushrooms, onions, jalapenos and bell peppers- I also used hot sauce. Leftover Cirtus chili center cut pork slices and strawberries with Jalapeno Lime salt. Let me clarify I had whatever my 2 year old  didn't take off my plate. My oldest had this for breakfast... and some of my strawberries. For ease during the next three days I sauteed extra veggies to keep in the fridge for a quick omelet, to throw in a sauce, lettuce wrap or salad. It's a wonderful shortcut if you want omelets during the week but don't have time to chop vegetables.



For lunch I had some leftover sliced pork and fried cabbage.
For a snack I had some grapes and one Fudgey Baby.

Dinner we had roasted chicken that was DELISH. I marinated it with coconut milk and curry powder. We also had grapes and roasted spaghetti squash with three ingredient red sauce. The girls had some grated parmesean cheese on top of their spaghetti squash. 

I am having some leftover chicken and fried cabbage right now. And those darn Fudgey Babies are calling my name. I should have had more chicken at dinner.

I forgot to post this snack! Greek yogurt, plain, with almond meal and berries. Two of my kids shared it with me...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.