Friday, April 4, 2008

Meatloaf...

Meatloaf, what can I say about it. I like it, DH does, so I only make it when he's not home to eat it. The girls like it, there isn't much they don't like, I am starting to see a trend in Piglet though, she's not a fan of potatoes. Oh well, I can't blame her. I am still cleaning out the freezer and pantry, so I had NOTHING to put in this meatloaf as far as vegetables go. I usually add onion, bell pepper, sometimes grated carrot. I have even added spinach and the girls loved that LOL. Anyway, I did have meatloaf mix that I packaged up and put in a foodsaver bag in the freezer. I use ground beef, ground pork and ground veal.
I served this with leftover roasted asparagus and cream cheese potatoes au gratin.
Here is what's in this pictured meatloaf, I didn't measure.

Ground pork
Ground beef
Ground veal
Milk
Worcestershire sauce
Garlic salt
Herbs of Italy
Two eggs
Bread crumbs
Tomato paste (I ran out of ketchup)


In a medium sized bowl ...








add your ingredients...
I would say about 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, and season as you want.
(note the one egg, I added another after mixing it a bit)





all of them except the tomato paste.








Mix it up...









Place it in a 9x5 loaf pan.








In a small bowl mix some tomato paste, water and more seasonings.






Spread it over the meatloaf. Bake at 350, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes? Use your meat thermometer if you are blessed to have one that works, unlike mine that just gave out on me.







Ah! I found some ketchup, just enough to put a tiny bit on top before serving. Let your meatloaf rest before slicing.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.