Friday, November 2, 2007

Raisin-Free Rich Rice Pudding...


I was craving rice pudding last night but our Internet was down and I had a recipe from a forum I go to that I wanted to use. So I had to look up a recipe in one of our cook books. None of the recipes looked that great, most were for basic rice pudding- milk, sugar, raisins *shudder*, and cinnamon. So I picked the most basic recipe as a guide for liquid to rice ratios and made a delicious RICH rice pudding.




Raisin-Free Rich Rice Pudding

2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups of Heavy cream
1 Cup of milk
1 Cinnamon stick
1/3 Cup uncooked rice (I used Jasmine)
1/3 Cup Honey
Fresh grated Nutmeg

In a heavy bottom sauce pan melt the butter.Add milk, cinnamon stick and cream stir and heat over med heat until steaming. Add rice and stir, reduce heat to low, cook on low for 50-60 minutes stirring occasionally. When rice is tender and pudding is thick add honey and nutmeg, stir. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve warm or cold.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I shudder at the thought of raisins in my food too! Not many people do ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.