Sunday, June 7, 2020

Jeaow For Sour Fruits

This is one of my favorite snacks. It's sweet, spicy, and salty, the mangoes and fruits are tart. My mouth waters everytime I think about it. It makes me crave baby mangoes and sour fruits. My cousins when I used to visit them loved this. Julie used to make this sauce for us and we would go pick fruits like crab apples and other fruits around the neighborhood to snack on. So much fun.




The sauce below has very thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves also. 





Jeaow (For Sour Fruits)

1/3-1/2 cup of fish sauce
2-3 tablespoons cane sugar
2-3 tablespoons toasted rice powder
1-3 tablespoons Thai chilies, dried and ground

Optional:
Sliced fresh Thai chilies
Sliced shallots
Thinly sliced ginger
Finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
  1. Stir all of the ingredients together. Adjust ingredients to taste. Add more sugar or rice powder if you want a thicker sauce. Eat with green baby mangoes, tart apples, tart strawberries, cranberries, and other sour fruits. Pineapple isn't as sour but still good with this sauce.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees)





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.