Friday, October 18, 2019

Narcoossee's- Orlando

Narcoossee's which is an Indian Creek word that means "little bear" by the way. I looked it up because I'm a nerd like that. This waterfront restaurant is at the Grand Floridian Resort on the Disney World property. It's a beautiful restaurant. We didn't have bad service at all on our trip so stating that the service was great for us seems redundant but Narcoossee's was no different. The staff was friendly and so helpful. Our waiter had a trainee and he was also wonderful.
As with all Disney dinning they were so careful about what my nut free child could have. The chef came out to speak to us, and as each plate as put before her they mentioned it was prepared according to her needs. I can't tell you what a huge difference dinning at places like this makes for me. I know my child will be safe and I know that they take her allergy seriously. 

The food. Bread service was meh. Nothing compares to the Baguette in France (Epcot) to be fair. The butter was a sweet cream butter with Red Hawaiian salt, same as Hollywood Brown Derby. For appetizers we had two calamari, one lobster bisque, and the shrimp and grits. My oldest two ordered the calamari. Crispy, outside, tender calamari on the inside. My youngest said it was okay, at least she ate some. The lobster bisque my DH said was excellent. The shrimp and grits were a meal. I finished it. The bacon, the perfectly cooked shrimp that snapped when you bite into it. YES. 
 We ordered four entrees, that was way more than enough food for five of us. Four appetizers and four main courses, AND dessert. My oldest and I had the Maine lobster, perfectly cooked. No complaints we both inhaled it. I shared some with my youngest who really (for some reason unknown to me) decided to try all sorts of different foods. Foods she loved and enjoyed as a baby and toddler but decided she not longer liked as a child. Calamari, and lobster are two of those foods that come to mind. She liked my lobster, duh. The rest of our party and the Strip and Filet. Both were cooked beautifully, so tender and flavorful. The reduction on both was flavorful and not over powering. I'd say they were the second best steaks we had on this trip. The best being at Yachtsman's.
Dessert. It's safe to say that the Narcoossee's Candy bar is going to be something I crave from here on out. My absolute favorite chocolate dessert I had on this trip. So rich and chocolaty. I'm counting the Chocolate Chili ice cream from Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour as a snack obviously. My oldest had the bundt cake and I didn't hear a peep out of her as she savored each bite so I guess it was good. The banana tart, no fake banana flavor, brulee bananas, very good. The girls and I love bananas that have caramelized sugar on them. I wish this dessert had more of those bananas. Still it was very good, great banana flavor. The Almond-crusted cheesecake. This was DH's favorite cheesecake of the trip. It was very good. Every element of the dessert was good, the cherry sauce was exceptionally good. Obviously not nut free but my oldest can eat almonds. 
All in all Nacoossee's was a wonderful experience and meal. I would highly recommend it.


 Bread service with sweet cream butter and red Hawaiian salt.


Virgin Pina colada, mojito's, and a strawberry daiquiri.



Crispy Rhode Island Calamari - Peppadew-Banana Pepper-Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis
(We had two orders because my oldest two ordered the same appetizer.)

 

Maine Lobster Bisque - Butter-poached Lobster, Bouchée, Coral, and Chives


 Barbecue-grilled Shrimp and Grits - Low Country Grits, Cherrywood-smoked Bacon, and Pickled Green Tomato Chow-Chow



Steamed Maine Lobster - Brentwood Corn Soufflé, Malted Popcorn Sauce, Asparagus


      Only one photo, but two of us ordered this dish.)


 Black Angus New York Strip - Yukon Gold Rustic Mash, Seasonal Vegetables, Red Wine-Oxtail Reduction


Grilled Grass Fed Filet Mignon - Yukon Gold Rustic Mash, Seasonal Vegetable, Red Wine-Oxtail Reduction


Seasonal Bundt Cake – Strawberries, Lambert Cherry Sauce, and Soy Ice Cream
I confess I didn't try this, my oldest ordered it and ate the whole thing.  


Narcoossee’s Candy Bar
Dark Chocolate-Mocha Bar with House-made Guanaja Chocolate Gelato


Here is a cut cross section of the candy bar. Decadent dark chocolate, crispy rice, ganache. I didn't share this. I'm not sorry. My oldest didn't try this because it wasn't on her nut free menu that they provided.


Banana Cream Tart with Salted Caramel and Whipped Cream



Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry sauce.



Allergy friendly
Disney Dining Plan- 2 table service credit
Dress code


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.