Monday, October 21, 2019

Chef's de France- Epcot


We've never been disappointed after a meal at Chef's de France. I love how bright the place is during the day and how romantic it is in the evenings, if you have a later reservation you can view the fireworks at Epcot. It's such a sweet place with big windows, beautiful architecture.
 The cast members have always been so helpful. Lunch or dinner the food and service are consistent. Each visit the Chef has come out to discuss the allergy friendly foods and assure us that each dish will be prepared carefully for my daughter.




This is the only room we've been seated at during our visits. I love it because it faces the water and fireworks. Isn't it charming? I love it. There is a dining area that's in more of a sunroom, and of course the area to the left of this photo.
On to the food.
Drinks:
We had 

Diabolo Menthe
Sprite® with Monin green mint syrup

Shirley Temple
Sprite® and grenadine with a maraschino cherry

Ice Teas

Milk


Bread service. These baguettes are what dreams are made of. Crusty, hot, chewy, they smell so good too. The butter, of course the butter was yum. Although the best butter we had was at Jiko, it was a goat milk butter. 


See that "Allergy" pick? Most of the table service, maybe quick service also I'm not sure, places will tag dishes with this pick to assure there's been care in preparing the food to avoid cross contamination. Such peace of mind for me.


Tartare de saumon légèrement fumé, sauce moutarde
Tartare of raw salmon lightly smoked with cucumber, dill, honey mustard sauce and a homemade brioche bun.

We've ordered this each time we've dined at Chef's de France. My oldest two especially enjoy this appetizer.


Cassolette d’escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persillé (Escargot)
Casserole of Burgundian escargots baked in parsley and garlic butter.

Very well done and tasty. I would definitely order this again. There's actually only two items I wouldn't order again, but because they aren't good just because there's so much that I love on the menu.


Soupe à l’oignon gratinée (French Onion Soup)
topped with Gruyère cheese.

This appetizer is a meal in itself. The rich beefy broth, caramelized onions, gooey cheese. Delicious. My youngest who doesn't normally eat onions ordered this and was very happy.


Plateau de fromages de France (Cheese Board)
Imported cheese board with raisin and walnut bread.
No raisin and walnut bread on our board




Bisque de homard (Lobster Bisque)
Not a drop of this left. What else can I say about this? 


Canard à l’orange, purée de patates douces et courgettes (Seared Duck Breast)
Seared duck breast and leg confit, sweet potato purée and zucchini, sauce a l'orange.

My oldest always orders this dish. I always have a little. It's that good. This is a must if you like duck.


Assiette du pécheur
Seared cod fish, monkfish, shrimp, leeks, fennel and potatoes in a fish broth with saffron, aïoli, croutons.

This is one of those dishes that is good but it doesn't compare to the duck so I wouldn't order it again. It was cooked beautifully, the seafood was tender, the broth was very good. If you love seafood, this is a great dish.


Filet de boeuf grillé, sauce au poivre vert Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts (Grilled Tenderloin of Beef)
with green peppercorn sauce, potato gratin, green beans.

Three people in our party ordered this. It never disappoints. This isn't a signature restaurant, but this filet is always cooked perfectly. The sauce complements very well.




Crème Brûlée
Vanilla Crème Brûlée.
Best place to get Crème Brûlée at Disney World is in France. So good.


Tarte aux Pommes
Apple Tart with Almond Cream, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
One of the best best desserts from all of Disney dining for us. It's just that good. The tender apples, flakey crust, buttery caramel sauce. We had two of these this time.


Meringue aux fruits rouges
Meringue Basket with fresh Berries, Vanilla Cream, Raspberry Sauce, and Strawberry Sorbet.
Isn't this a pretty meringue basket? Perfect if you want something light and not rich but still indulgent.




Gateau au Chocolat
Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sauce, and Mint Chocolate Ice Cream.
It's chocolate. If you like chocolate this is for you. The cake is not dry, it's chocolaty. I would order this again. 


Side view, so you can see the pretty layers.


That pretty basket from the top.


Inside the apple tart.

The two pictures below are from our last trip.
 Assiette campagnarde (Charcuterie)
Rustic assortment of French patés and charcuteries.
This was a very good selection of meats. I'm not sure why we didn't order it again, I definitely would.

Jarret de porc braisé, spaetzle et brocoli (Braised Beef Pork Shank)
with spaetzle egg noodles and broccoli
This was a good dish but not something I would order again. Only because there is more on the menu that I enjoy more. The portion is huge also I felt bad not sharing it or finishing it.


Allergy friendly
Disney Dining Plan

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.