Sunday, June 25, 2017

Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette

It's the warmer weather that's got us eating more salads! I love fresh crisp salads. I don't use a lot of dressing, I used to drench my salads in dressing as a kid. Now I like just a little for flavor. Because I don't use a lot I like the flavors to be bold. This Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette is just that, bold, spicy, and flavorful.
It is whole30 compliant so it has no added sugar, no dairy, no soy, no gluten, no grains. It keeps well in the fridge and if you get the emulsion right it's nice and creamy. If you like a thinner dressing, add a little more vinegar or water.



Click to find more Whole 30
recipes here on Give Peas A Chance, or use the search function. 

Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette 

Makes about 8 ounces of dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar, or other vinegar- balsamic is nice alo
1 tablespoon coconut amnios for sweetness, OPTIONAL
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral flavored oil
3-4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
salt
pepper
*If you need to cut the tartness a bit, a squeeze of orange juice will help, if you okay with added sugar a little honey, sugar, or syrup is great.
  1. Use a blender or immersion blender to blend the vinegar, coconut amnios, onion powder, and garlic clove.
  2. Slowly drizzle in the oil and bacon grease to incorporate into the vinegar while the blender is running. The oil and bacon grease need to be fully emulsified so that the dressing isn't oily.
  3. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper to taste. This dressing tastes even better if left in the refrigerator overnight.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on

 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.