Friday, June 2, 2017

Peasread: Peace In The Valley


The last in the Double S Ranch series by Ruth Logan Herne follows Trey Walker Stafford, the youngest of the Stafford boys. Trey was orphaned at a young age when is parents overdosed on drugs. He was adopted by his uncle Sam Stafford, patriarch of the family and owner of the Double S Ranch. Trey is a successful country music star returning home to help his dad, Sam, during a time of illness. 

All his life Trey has been a straight shooter, trying to prove to the world, himself, Sam, and his deceased parents that you can be in the spotlight and not succumb to drugs and alcohol. While Trey never struggled with addiction, his late wife did and she died from an overdose. Trey carries this guilt with him. He hates what drugs and alcohol do to people so much so that he has a hard time trusting anyone with a history of drug use. There is too much pain in his past from the effects of it. 


Lucy Carlton is a struggling single mother who lives next door to the Stafford's. She had made many mistakes in her young adult life, and now she feels that she can't get ahead. Lucy doesn't like or trust the Stafford's due to Sam Stafford's dealing with her little farm and water rights from long ago that did much damage. Because of this Lucy's deceased husband blamed the Stafford's for all of their hardships.

To helps his father begin to right wrongs, Trey helps Lucy out at her farm and she reluctantly allows him to be there. Trey begins to fall in love with Lucy and her children. Lucy's heart begins to soften towards the Stafford family. 

I loved this book. I would read it again, it's my favorite out of the three Double S Ranch series. 

Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to adults? Yes.
What about teens? Young adult yes, teens? Clean read, but not really for teens.

4 out of five stars.
1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Peace in the Valley
Double S Ranch
Author Ruth Logan Herne
Publisher Center Point Large Print, 2017
ISBN 1683244079, 9781683244073
500 pages
Genre Fiction › Christian › Romance

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.


I received this book from Blogging for Books and NetGalley for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are on my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.