Friday, May 12, 2017

Peasread: Back In The Saddle


Back in the Saddle is a book I almost didn't want to read. It's the title, the cover. It's a beautiful cover. It's just cliche in some ways. Handsome cowboy with his horse. Back in the Saddle. Prodigal son. Just sounded so predictable. However we had a lovely cold rainy day recently and I snuggled in by the fire and finished this book, in two days. I really enjoyed it! A great romance with some mystery and action.

Back in the Saddle is a prodigal son returns home story. Colt Stafford is the prodigal son who left the family ranch and found fortune in New York. All that comes crumbling down and he returns home to a sick father to work on the family ranch. While he is there will he be able to mend his relationships between his father and his brother whom he left behind? There's also a mystery about his father's housekeeper/cook Angelina. Colt can sense that she's hiding something. 
Ms. Herne introduces us to characters who are likable, but not annoyingly perfect. The characters are people you'd like to meet and get to know. The family dynamics and rebuilding of relationships within this family was fun to see unfold. The romance in this story is sweet. It's not rushed, you can sense the attraction between Colt and Angelina, but I didn't feel it was predictable. I can't wait to read the rest of this series to see what happens to the other characters. This is a Christian romance so it is a clean read but it is not what I could call preachy or evangelical. 


Back in the Saddle
Author: Ruth Logan Herne
320 pages
Published: 2016 by Multnomah
ISBN 160142776X (ISBN13: 9781601427762)
Series: Double S Ranch #1
Genre: fiction, Christian

Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to adults? Yes.
What about teens? Yes, if they like romance,  it is a clean read.
4 stars

1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are on my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.