Sunday, May 7, 2017

Butter Croissants


I use a combination of recipes and techniques from America's Test Kitchen and King Arthur Flour sites to make my croissants. It's a long processes but it's actually methodical and relaxing in many ways. You can find the recipes online. Here are some pictures of the process to show what I do.



Getting ready for lamination. Butter, and dough. This is what gives croissants those gorgeous layers. It's also a bit time consuming but it's not hard to do at all. 

Fold the butter into this envelope then roll it out. Quickly so the butter doesn't melt. Then tri fold the dough like you would a letter and roll it out again. You'll do this several times to created those layers.

Once the dough and butter has been rolled out comes the cutting and rolling. These will need to rise again but all of the actual work is done!


This is how they look baked up. I've also frozen some to bake up later, that works beautifully. 



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.