Fudgy Skillet Brownie.Brownies. I like them crisp on the edges but fudgy on the inside. If they have that papery top, perfection. Easy is a huge plus, virtually no dishes makes it a winner. These brownies are rich and chocolaty. The edges get crisp, but they aren't dry or cake like. Perfect for an after school snack or dessert topped with berries and ice cream. Wrap them up for a tasty gift.
If you are looking for a fancier brownie, try these Fudgy Cheesecake Brownies.
Fudgy Skillet Brownie1 cup un salted butter
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar (202 gr, 7-1/8 oz)
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (179 gr, 6-1/4z)
8 oz dark chocolate (227 gr)
2 tablespoons corn syrup (34 gr
1 tablespoon vanilla (11 gr, 3/8 oz)
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour (198 gr, 7 oz)
1/4 teaspoon salt, omit if using salted butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (26 gr, 1 oz)
1 teaspoon baking powder (3 gr, 1/8 oz)
-Optional- nuts, chocolate chips, caramel pieces, dried fruit, balls of cookie dough, etc can be stirred into the batter before baking. Up to 1.5 cups of mix ins.
-For a spicy kick add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
- Mocha brownies, add a tablespoon of espresso powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 12 inch cast iron skillet, on low.
- Turn off heat and stir in both types of sugar, chocolate, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined and the chocolate is melted.
- Add eggs and stir well to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well, scraping the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until the edges are dry. The middle will be moist but set.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on