|Pumpkin Cheesecake Bundt Cake|
Sometimes you can cake, sometimes you want cheesecake. Sometimes you want both. This cake is similar to the Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake muffins we love. Layers of pumpkin cake, a layer of cheesecake filling, topped off with a cinnamon streusal or a pumpkin spice glaze. Despite all the layers it's very easy to put together and bake up. This is the perfect coffee cake, Afternoon tea cake, or after meal dessert.
That way you can have it with morning coffee, tea in the afternoon, and then at dinner. I'm just saying. It could be a snacking cake too. What is a snack cake? I mean, all cakes are snacking cakes, snack cakes. Anyway.
|These ingredients include the streusel topping, but I much prefer the glaze!|
Here's our cast of characters. Cream cheese, butter, eggs, yogurt. You can use sour cream or plain yogurt, I make ours so I have it on hand. Then there are the spices. There's something about the warm spices in Pumpkin pie spice, that I enjoy so much. I mix of a batch and keep it in my spice cabinet for so many things, if you don't want to make your own, use your favorite store bought spice. Pumpkin puree can easily be made in the oven, slow cooker, or pressure cooker (Instant Pot). It freezes very well, so if you stock up you'll have it for the whole year.
|Ready to be assembled.|
I try to dirty as little dishes as possible. So once I get a recipe down with weights, it saves me from doing... well all the dishes you see above including measuring cups and spoons. I just don't cook or bake like that normally. I do it or blog pictures and to weigh ingredients for recipes we like to make our lives easier. I hope it makes your lives easier also.
Just choose a medium sized bowl for the steusal topping, place the bowl on the scale. Weigh each ingredient into the bowl. Mix it up, put it in the bundt pan. Once you make your cheesecake filling by weighing the ingredients into the mixing bowl, put it into the medium bowl the streusal was mixed in. Then use the mixing bowl used for the cheesecake filling to make the Pumpkin cake batter. That's it. Two bowls, a spatula, and the beater for the mixer.
When adding the filling to the bundt pan, I like to use a large cookie/muffin scoop. Placing mounds of filling into the middle of the cake batter. That way I can easily fill in the sides with cake batter and smooth out the top.
|All covered up!|
This recipe is for a 12 inch bundt pan, I have not ever tried baking it in a smaller bundt. It would take two 6 inch pans though. Or the recipe could be halved. Also if anyone has a cast iron bundt pan they are looking to get rid of, I'm your gal!
Here it is, fresh out of the oven. I haven't figured out how to make my bundt cakes flat flat FLAT on the bottom, but once I invert it it's good enough for us. If you don't like streusal, you can leave it off and drizzle this with a powdered sugar glaze. The streusal bakes with the cake, so it caramelizes, if you don't like that flavor use the simple drizzle recipe at the bottom. Your glazed cake will look somewhat like this.
So pretty right? I really love that this cake is so easy to make but it looks so pretty. It tastes amazing also!
|Glazed Pumpkin Bundt Cake.|
Find more PUMPKIN posts, recipes, and ideas HERE.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bundt Cake(Make one 12 inch Bundt Cake)
Streusel Topping (Optional):1/2 cup brown sugar, 100 grams
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 3 grams
3 teaspoons butter, softened, 15 grams
Cheesecake filling:12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar, 70 grams
1 teaspoon vanilla, 4 grams
Pumpkin cake batter:3 cups all purpose flour, 360 grams
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoon baking soda, 12 grams
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 grams
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar, 333 grams (If you like your cakes sweeter use 2 cups of sugar)
1 cup (2 sticks of butter) or 1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree, 239 grams (I have used up to 1/3 cup pumpkin, 87 grams more because I had it on hand)
1/4 cup Greek style yogurt or sour cream, 126 grams
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 8 grams
Preheat oven and make streusel topping:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease and flour a 12 inch bundt pan, or use cooking spray.
- Mix together streusal topping until combined.
- Sprinkle streusal topping around the bottom of the prepared bundt pan.
- Beat cream cheese for the filling well.
- Beat sugar into the cream cheese, until combined.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the cream cheese.
- Set cream cheese filling aside. Transfer it to another bowl if using a stand mixer, so you can use the same bowl to make the cake batter.
- Stir together flour, baking soda salt, and pumpkin spice, and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs into the butter mixture one at a time.
- Mix in pumpkin puree, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Stir flour into the wet ingredients in two batches, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl each time.
Bake the Pumpkin Cheesecake Bundt cake:
- Put about half of the cake batter into the bundt pan, over the streusal topping.
- Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, put all of the cheesecake filling into the center of the cake batter, leaving room on the sides to cover with cake batter. The cheesecake center will be covered on all sides with the Pumpkin cake batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining Pumpkin cake batter on top and on the sides of the cheesecake filling to cover it completely.
- Gently smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the cake part.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- Glaze or dust with powdered sugar as desired.
Optional glaze:1-1/2 cups powdered sugar ,sifted 170 grams
2-3 tablespoons apple cider or milk
1/4-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Stir powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider together until smooth.
- Add more apple cider if it is too thick to drizzle.
- Drizzle onto the cooled cake and let set.
Thank you for reading if you've gotten this far! If you like this recipe, would you consider pinning it and sharing it with your friends and family?
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on