Thursday, January 7, 2016

French Onion Soup

Chilly temperatures means soup season around here! French Onion Soup is an old favorite of ours. It's easy to make. Perfect with a sandwich or salad. Gooey melted cheese, rich broth, sweet caramelized onions. How can that be wrong?
My children like their bread/toast on the side so that they can dip it into the broth. I also caramelized my onions to a deeper brown for a richer flavor. Live and learn, or is it "know better, do better".
Whatever the case this soup is an old favorite and I don't steer too far from the original recipe. I do add a couple beef bones to the pot if I have them, this batch I had the bones leftover from this Prime Rib Roast. AMAZING flavor. This is perfect for those bones from your New Year or Christmas roast.
If you haven't made French Onion soup, you should try this recipe I think you'll really like it!

You can find the recipe here


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.