Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Shiphrah and Puah- Day 15

This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.

If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.

Shiphrah and Puah

Day 15
I didn't post the past two days but the grace day verse and the memory verse are there. My oldest who's done the past three days with me (and may be why I may not post every day) was excited the memory verse was one she's been working on.
Today's #shereadstruth Shiphrah and Puah .
It was a blessing reading about these women of faith who honored God.
It was encouraging to see them live out their faith but especially beautiful seeing God's hand throughout the time and situation. His care and protection of them and his blessing them.
What really has me chewing , if you will, is Mark 3:1-6
Particularly where I bolded and highlighted
Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there with a withered hand.  And they watched Jesus,[a] to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him.  And he said to the man with the withered hand, “Come here.”  And he said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?” But they were silent.  And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.  The Pharisees went out and immediately held counsel with the Herodians against him, how to destroy him.

Another version dd and I read said "deeply distressed". All I can think is Lord help me not to grieve you, anger you, help my actions to bring you honor Lord. May my life and my actions be characterized by my love for you and how I desperately seek to honor you. May you be glorified when this is evident in my life, and may you also be glorified and lifted up when I need correction ... When your mercy and grace are poured out upon my life. It's your love that brings me to my knees. #yourebeautiful

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath

3 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand,“Stand up in front of everyone.” 4 Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

5 *******He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts*******, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

#grace #peasblog #biblejournaling #bible #scripture #biblestudy #washedbytheword #itismydesire #lampandlight #womenintheword

CHRIS TOMLIN

"Be Glorified"

Your love has captured me
Your grace has set me free
Your life the air I breathe
Be glorified in me

Your love has captured me
Your grace has set me free
Your life the air I breathe
Be glorified in me

You set my feet to dancing
You set my heart on fire
In the presence of a thousand kings
you are my one desire

I stand before you now
With trembling hands lifted high
Be glorified

Your love has captured me
Your grace has set me free
Your life the air I breathe
Be glorified in me

Oh yeah

You set my feet to dancing
You set my heart on fire
In the presence of a thousand kings
You are my one desire

I stand before you now
With trembling hands lifted high
Be glorified

Be glorified in me
Be glorified in me
Be glorified in me
Be glorified
Be glorified in me
Be glorified in me
Be glorified in me
Be glorified in me
Be glorified

You set my feet to dancing
You set my heart on fire
In the presence of a thousand kings
You are my one desire

I stand before you now
With trembling hands lifted high
Be glorified

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.