Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rahab- Day 18


This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.

If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.

Rahab

Day 18
After reading yesterday I spent some time chewing and mulling it all over while baking. Rahab. Known by her sin, like a title. A banner over her. BUT God. Redeemed and restored her, saved her physically and spiritually. 
I keep driving it into my children. The world cannot define you or your worth. We are redeemed, we are children of God. Our desire should be to know him and to be KNOWN by him. When the world can look at us and say, " she loves like God loves, I see HIM in her", when the world characterizes us that way, when they can see Christ in the way we love others. That is what we want. 
It's hard to look back. I want to say at my past, you know, years ago when I was such a sinner, but really? Just today, looking back today y'all. I'm so flawed, that's a pretty way of saying sinful, prideful, selfish, short tempered. It is. Doesn't make it prettier in reality does it? Didn't change the truth. 
I think Lord, who am I? Why am I like this? Save us all from myself. Make me more like you please. It's disgusting. I don't want sin to define me. I love this version of Isaiah 1:18... " let's settle this" thank you Lord. 
Redeemed is a banner I humbly wear, not because great but because you are so great.

ISAIAH 1:18 (CEB) 
Come now, and let’s settle this, says the Lord.

Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be white as snow.

If they are red as crimson, they will become like wool.

From the blog: " He is the God who took a woman commonly labeled by her sin and made her a woman indelibly labeled by His grace (Romans 6:14)... Do you see the exquisite thread of truth in Rahab’s story, friends? Whatever label we give her—whatever label we give ourselves—the only true name of a daughter of God is the one He Himself gives her: Called. Faithful. Rescued. Redeemed." #redeemed #hisbanneroverme #peasblog #rahab #lampandlight #knowyourworth #inchristalone #shereadstruth

His Banner Over Me

 Kevin Prosch.
He brought me to His banqueting table (echo)
He brought me to His banqueting table (echo)
And His banner over me is love

I am my beloved's and He is mine (echo)
Yes, I am my beloved's and He is mine (echo)
And His banner over me is love
Yes His banner over me, over me, is love.

And we can feel the love 
Of God in this place
We believe in Your goodness
We receive Your grace.
We delight ourselves at Your table
Oh God, You do all things well
Just look at our lives.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.