Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Naomi- Day 22

This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.

If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.

Naomi
Day 22



I don't know grief like Naomi did. I can imagine the grief, the emptiness, the bitterness, I can cry with her. I still do not know her grief. I have mourned with many friends over the loss of their children. No matter how heartbreaking or gut wrenching, no matter how many times the tears flow, I know that it's just a drop in the bucket to those I lift up in prayer. Those I grieve along side. I can't see the depths of that kind of darkness really, but I have seen so many of my dear loved ones comforted by God. I've seen women be strengthened, be made new. I've seen them get up again and live with a peace and a joy that suprsses all understanding. I see beauty from ashes. I see restoration. I see hope. I see joy. I see God, and I am encouraged. I see God and I praise Him for his goodness and his comfort and his care.
In my own times of sadness and darkness I pull away. In those times in the valleys where I feel nothing but alone, where I spend my days and nights going through the motions because I know I must; I can cry out. That is the thing isn't it? No matter how small, how big our grief or darkness is. We can cry out, we can draw near. James 4:8 says if we draw near to God, he WILL draw near to us. What a comfort! We may not FEEL him, but he WILL draw near to us.

#beautyforashes #shereadstruth #naomi #grieve #saddness #comfort #joy #dancing #newmercies #peasblog #lampandlight #devotional #truth #biblestudy 


"You Never Let Go"


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

[Chorus:]
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

[Chorus:]

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles 
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

[Chorus: 2x]


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.