Friday, July 24, 2015

Hannah- Day 25

This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.
If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.



Hannah 

Day 25

She prayed when her heart was grieved. (1 Samuel 10) She brought her sorrows to God, sent up her prayers in supplication.
She prayed also even more beautifully in PRAISE. Rejoicing in God, rejoicing in His faithfulness.

The bible doesn't say that Hannah bickered with Peninnah, or that she sought retribution. Year by year it says in 1 Samuel 1:7... talk about a thorn in the flesh! Peninnah provoked Hannah "severely to make her miserable".
See though in verse 7, Hannah went up to the house of the LORD YEAR BY YEAR. She didn't stop, she didn't give up, she sought solace and comfort from the living God. Love from the source. HOPE from the source. JOY in the midst of sadness.

Hannah brought her bitter, sorrow filled tears to the one true King. When she prayed her prayer, cried her tears she left that bitterness, that sorrow, in the throne room at the feet of her King. Did you catch that after she was done? Hannah WENT HER WAY and ate...
Left her sorrow.
Left her bitter tears.
Left her supplication.
In the hands of her God.

Folks I can't tell you how many times I have cried out to God at his feet only to get up and take my burden with me, take my anger, my hurt.

You made me mad? Oh I'm about to pray about this... and after I'm done I'll still be bitter.

You hurt me? I'm taking this to Jesus... and after I do I hope he avenges me.

Ouch. So wrong.
I'm not saying we won't have sadness. I'm saying we shouldn't carry the bitterness around.


I pray the Lord will help me be more like Hannah. Before her prayer in 1 Samuel 1 Hannah "wept and did not eat", after "she went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad" Her circumstances hadn't changed, but her JOY was in the LORD.

Lord help me to cast my cares upon you, for your care for me.
Because there is JOY in YOU Lord. Help me to always rejoice in you.

#lampandlight #shereadstruth #womenintheword #devotional #biblestudy #feetofJesus #washedbytheword #onetrueking #prayer #hope #Jesus #peasblog #biblestudy

Come ye sinners
Come ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love, and pow'r.

Chorus:
I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
O there are ten thousand charms.

Come, ye thirsty, come and welcome,
God's free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance,
Ev'ry grace that brings you nigh.

[Chorus]

Come ye weary, heavy laden,
Lost and ruined by the fall;
If you tarry till you're better,
You will never come at all.

[Chorus]

Let not conscience make you linger,
Nor of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth
Is to feel your need of Him.

Baptist Hymnal, 2008
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.