Saturday, April 12, 2014

Quick and Easy Waffles

Waffles. Yum. My favorite waffles are the thin classic ones. I'm not a fan of Belgian waffles. I'd rather not eat waffles if they are thick. Crazy right? I know most people love thicker waffles. This is a fast and easy waffle batter. There's no over night, no whipping egg whites. Nice and quick.
Change the extracts according to your liking.
Pandan extract
Lime essential oil, with coconut flakes
Almond
Cherry
Cocoa powder 
Gingerbread spices
etc.


Want more waffles?

Quick and Easy Waffles

1 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
1 tablespoon vinegar, or lime or lemon juice
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice if desired
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Stir vinegar with milk. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients.
Add remaining wet ingredients to the milk. Beat.
Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Stir until just combined.
Cook in a waffle iron until done, time depends on your waffle iron.

This makes about 10 thicker waffles. If you have a classic thin waffle maker, it makes more obviously.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These waffles look so yummy they're making me hungry. I might just make them for breakfast in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.