Saturday, January 11, 2014

Candy Cane Kisses and Simple Sugar Cookie Dough


I know it's a little late in the game to be posting Christmas Cookie recipes but these would be great for Valentine's day also. You could use the Candy Cane Kisses or even the Cherry Kisses. Just don't put peppermint extract in the cookie dough, use almond. I used one dough for these cookies. The marbled pink dough was tinted and  I added Peppermint extract to it before kneading the dough to marble it. For the Candy Cane Kisses, Pixie pressed the candies into the cookies after they came out of the oven. Just remind little ones that are helping that the baking sheets are hot. Pixie helped me with the dough, unwrapping all the Kisses, and pressing the candies into the cookies.
These cookies are so easy to make and there's no thinking ahead since the butter is melted. The dough is versatile. The cookies can be rolled into balls, formed into candy cane shapes, formed into a log for slice and bake. It is a very forgiving dough.


Give Peas A Chance Simple Sugar Cookie Dough

1 cup melted unsalted  butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups flour

Optional
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract OR 1 teaspoon almond extract

Beat the butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla together.
Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
Shape the cookies and bake.
Bake 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.
IF using candy kisses, press them into the cookies after baking, while they are warm.

To marble you cookies, separate half the dough. Knead a few drops of food coloring into half of the dough. Then knead both doughs together to marble. You can also shape the dough into strips, then twist them into candy canes, wreaths, or pretzel shapes.





Cookies can be rolled in sprinkles, cinnamon sugar,  or pumpkin pie spice and sugar before baking also.

The cookie dough can be frozen in tablespoon size balls or in log form. No need to thaw before baking. Slice and bake, or bake the dough balls from frozen. Add a minute to the baking time.



Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your blog and am glad to see you back! These cookies look great. I would love to make them whenever my boys give me time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen, I'll try to blog more I miss it! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.