Thursday, August 15, 2013

Small

For all the things I haven't done, experienced, or accomplished, I can safely say that all I hold in my arms, all I have been blessed with, is more than I deserve, more than I dreamed up for myself. God is good. - From my Instagram @peasknees

Small

I don't want to get all spiritual on you all, but.
Here
I
go-
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the word  "small" was...
"My head is big, and my arms are small"
Yup.
Meet the Robinsons.
The T-Rex.
Bowler Hat guy had big plans.
He just wasn't adequate.
So many times I feel
small and...
inadequate
It's ok though.
I am small.
I am at many times not enough.
God isn't small though.
He knows what's up.
This week I was snuggling with Pixie at the pool.
I love to snuggle with her, she's still at that age where she cuddles.
I looked down and just had a moment of ...
clarity.
In that span of about 30 seconds,
I thought about  my big plans
hopes,
desires.
Things I never
accomplished,
finished,
pursued,
experienced.
I realized something.
My plans were too small.
God has blessed me BIGGER.
Bigger than I ever dreamed of.
BIGGER than I deserve.
I let her lay in my arms in the sun.
I realized that very moment that I was so blessed.
I was where I WANTED to be.
Where I was MADE to be.
STOP.
(Five minutes when you're waiting in line for something? An eternity.
Five minutes to write? It's like seconds.)

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go and comment on the post of the person who linked up before you. This is the one rule of this community.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-lonely/#sthash.JLvjWS85.dpuf
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. i've been challenged just this week to think on that same perspective - what God has given might be smaller or not what i expected... that doesn't mean it isn't the best.

    enjoyed visiting for 5mf today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine! I am coming over from FMF.

    I love your description of cuddling your little one. I remember those days too. So fun! Like life could stop right there. It is the small stuff that is the most beautiful.

    Nice to see you again!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snuggles, I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Linking up next to you at the FMF. So thankful that God has bigger plans for me than I do for myself. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your latest pictures of the girls have been so beautiful. I know you are trying to catch that moment, that love you feel for them but it's impossible. But, you are definitely close and I feel it and one day when they look back they will too and it will change their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has blessed me Bigger than I have ever dreamed of, Bigger than I deserve. Isn't that his way though. so hard to comprehend sometimes when I realize how undeserving I am of it...and yet how blessed. Thank you for sharing your epiphany of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.