Now, here at the Give Peas A Chance household there are sadly no newborns. So there was no way I could test this product, however it looks like it would make an excellent baby shower gift. Have you heard of the Tortle? Read more about it and enter to win one below!
Here is some information about the Tortle and don't forget to check out the video below also!
What is a Tortle?· A cost-effective, stylish and comfy beanie for baby specifically designed to help prevent positional plagiocephaly and torticollis, or flat head syndrome.
· Tortle encourages a healthy range of head motion while keeping baby’s head from flattening.
· Tortle can be worn whenever the infant is supervised and resting in a crib, car seat, bouncer, swing or stroller.
· Available in Classic White, Sweet Pink Flowers and Whimsical Blue Elephants Additional Tortle styles will be added for Spring/Summer 2013.· Machine washable, lightweight knit beanie (95% cotton/5% spandex)
· Three sizes to fit infants up to 20 pounds
o S 0-2 months / 5-10 lbs
o M 2-4 months / 10-15 lbs
o L 4-6 months / 15-20 lbs
· Most helpful when used from birth until the infant is sitting up and no longer sleeping most hours of the day or night
· FDA-cleared patented Class 1 medical device that easily travels with baby· Available at www.tortle.com
Why is Tortle Important?· Every infant is at risk of developing Flathead Syndrome-prevention is key.
· If parents do not actively re-position the infant’s head from side to side, positional plagiocephaly and/or torticollis progress rapidly – many infants already have a significant problem by 2 months of age.
· Incidence of plagiocephaly is increasing and now affects nearly 48% or
1 out of 2 babies by the age of 5 months.· Premature infants with prolonged hospital stays, and multiples (twins or triplets) are at particular risk unless nursing programs address the problem.
· Medical treatments to correct the condition include physical therapy and custom helmets and may exceed $5,000 in cost.
Tortle was developed by Dr. Jane, a Board Certified Pediatrician and Neonatologist- You can read more about her below and on the website.
Dr. Jane’s blended practice of Neonatology and Pediatrics encompasses children from newborns through adolescents, allowing her to follow and care for her patients from infancy through the teen years. Over the years, Dr. Jane became acutely aware of an increase in Plagiocephaly and Torticollis - Flathead Syndrome – as she observed the overwhelming incidence and progression of Flathead Syndrome in her patients. Plagiocephaly is a flattening of the baby’s skull and Torticollis refers to unbalanced neck muscles. Dr. Jane counseled and educated parents to help prevent as well as treat the many problems associated with Flathead Syndrome, which include sight and hearing abnormalities, as well as cognitive and motor delays in babies. After years of research and development, she invented the Tortle, an FDA cleared, stylish knit beanie designed to provide a cost effective and simple solution to prevent Flathead Syndrome in babies 0-6 months of age.
· Web site address: www.tortle.com
· Facebook address: facebook.com/TortlebyDrJane
· Twitter address: twitter.com/TortlebyDrJane
· Pinterest address: pinterest.com/tortlebydrjane
· Videos/how-to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfmHgbaU64
If you are in the US and are 18 years of age or older, enter below to win. Read the rules HERE, first.
Disclaimer: I was provided a free sample/s of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. All pictures are from the companies site, unless noted.
More giveaways on GPAC found HERE.
MOBILE friendly link is HERE.