Tuesday, March 12, 2013

2013 Bento 17-33

More lunches for Take it Tuesday here on Give Peas A Chance

Sandwiches- Turkey, cheese, sprouts
Cucumbers
Strawberries
Dressing
My lunch
Soft boiled egg
Red bell peppers
Raw almonds

 Lunches for all three of the kiddos.
Sunbutter and Jelly sandwiches
Strawberries
Carrots (with Bell Peppers for Diva)
Dressing for the youngest two and Hummus for Diva

 Pixie and I shared the box with two eggs for breakfast.

Soft boiled eggs
Carrots
Red Bell Peppers
Thin Mints

Just Diva today!
Per request
Noodle soup
Bell Peppers
We love salads here on Give Peas A Chance. This is a favorite meal, leftovers from the night before. The girls each had seconds.
Cilantro Lime chicken
Salad
Dressing
Mango
Mandarin Orange
Soft boiled egg
Pepperoni
Red bell peppers
Cucumbers
Strawberries


For soft boiled eggs

  1. Bring water to a boil, it helps to have your eggs not cold cold too 
  2. Add eggs
  3. Set timer for 3 minutes
  4. Turn off the heat
  5. Set timer for 5 minutes 
  6. Rinse in cold water
Sometimes I have to adjust times if I have lots of eggs.
Sometimes I add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water for easy peeling.
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I always want you to make me a bento! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tell me how YOU soft boil eggs. I have a method, but I'm always interested in how other people do it (and my method is not always fool proof...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Kelli! I sometimes get mine over cooked
      I bring water to a boil, it helps to have your eggs not cold cold too
      add eggs
      set timer for 3 minutes
      turn off the heat
      set timer for 5 minutes
      rinse in cold water
      (adjust time if there's a ton of eggs)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, cilantro lime chicken? That sounds awesome...you must share...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.