Monday, December 3, 2012

Adventures of Joy and Angel- Day 1,2

This Christmas season Joy the elf and a Christmas Angel have come to visit. The Christmas Angel, we just call her Angel, we may name her. Not sure yet. You can read more about her and enter to win one HERE. I've written about this new tradition a little bit HERE. I'm excited to do all these fun things for the girls, and I've already gotten quite a few cards done for Angel to hold, and gathered 32 ideas on a list. I'm a list girl, I have lists for everything. I'm so forgetful! Joy arrived on 12/2? or 12/1? Whichever day it was Angel happened to come in the mail that very same day! 
Here is a picture of the girls reading their letter that explains who Joy is, why she's visiting, and what her name means. To read the letter you can click HERE, it's a printable file also. I hope that works I've never done that before.

The first day we had Joy here I put her in a jewelry bowl, later I walked buy and put a bracelet on her head. The girls were so impressed and excited, I guess they like the game so far!
Diva has come into my room the past two mornings asking if she can go find Joy and Angel. Pixie get's so excited and claps her hands. It's pretty funny. Piglet is usually the last one out of bed, but she's been having fun also.
Here we are with day one
 I find that she's hard to position so I'm going to put some wire in her.
Day two, my mom cast on some bakers twine onto tooth picks for me.
 I'll post a file of these cards soon, I have about 20 made up with activities, verses, etc.
Here's what the card says
12/2 "Knit together"
Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Today-
Compliment someone sincerely. Let them know that they are wonderfully made.
Oh, and the glitter

The girls have already asked if they will be coming back next year, I decided that we'd have to wait and see.
More Christmas Angel/Elf on the Shelf posts HERE.
More pictures HERE.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I really love this! You did a great job. I know you were hesitant on the Elf because you wanted them to remember the true meaning of Christmas, but you did a great job with it. :D I'm really trying to get my children to remember the true meaning of this time of year. Please keep sharing your verses and activities. I may need to steal them. ;) I have a hard time trying to explain God and Jesus to my children. (I should really find a church around here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Lacey! I'll get the printout posted soon once I have it all filled out!
      I hope you find a home church, they aren't easy to find!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.