Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Days Of Gratitude Day 4

Not my picture, this is the only link I have for it.
Day 4- I have so many things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that we have religious freedom. That we are free to worship, to own and read bibles, to meet at church as often as we please. Today is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. So often we forget that our brothers and sisters are not as fortunate as we are. They know true persecution, not what we claim as persecution here. "Today a co worker called me a Jesus Freak/Bible Thumper." That my friends, is not persecution. Accounts in books like Foxe's Book of Martyrs. That is persecution. The church was built on the blood of martyrs. I am so very blessed here. I can't forget that. I especially can't forget to pray for my brothers and sisters.
Closer to home I'm so thankful that we got to have dinner, or a meal of epic proportions, with a dear friend we haven't seen in almost three years!

My other November Gratitude posts can be found here.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. We have so much to be thankful for living in this country. I never realized how much so until I visited El Salvador with my husband. It's where he grew up and witnessed war, death, poverty and hunger. Many of his family still live in poverty over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad, and we're so far removed from it we don't really know till we've been there. :(

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.