Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares

It's pumpkin season y'all, like you haven't read that 10 times already on this blog. I'm not going to apologize. I'm just a huge pumpkin fan. I made these Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares using this recipe HERE. Pixie helped me. It was a test. I'm so please with the way these turned out. The only thing is I used those crescent rolls that that says 65% bigger. Don't do that. They (in my opinion) are too big!

GPAC Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares

2 packages/tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls- you know, the scary tubes that POP when you open them?
4- 8 ounce packages of softened Philadelphia cream cheese, we don't do the low or not fat
1/2- 3/4 cups of sugar- we don't like it too sweet
4 eggs, reserve one of the egg whites for an egg wash
1/2-3/4 can pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie spice
Cinnamon Sugar to sprinkle on top.
You'll also need a 
9x13 pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Place a rimmed baking sheet with water on the bottom rack of your oven. Place the other rack in the middle.
Take one tube of crescent roll, unroll the dough and put it on the bottom of  the pan. Press on the seams if it is precut into triangles, to seal the dough.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until smooth.
Pour it on top of the crescent roll dough.
Top with the remaining crescent roll dough, if it has seams put it on a cutting board and press the seams to seal first.
Beat the remaining egg white with a tablespoon of water, brush the top of the crescent roll dough with this. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake this on the middle rack of your oven until set, 50 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it. If the top is browning too fast set a piece of aluminum foil on top. Don't crimp the edges with the foil, just lay the sheet on top.
Let cool completely.
Cut in the squares.




Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Oooooh, this looks so good. I used to make a lot of pumpkin recipes this time of year, but I don't have as much time as I used to. I'm hoping to try this recipe sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! New follower here. Please come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest. http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-10.html

    I would love to see you there!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing looking holiday dessert!

    I would love for you to share these with my readers at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.