Monday, February 27, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Casserole


I used several recipes for this dish. I've never made it before. I had it over Thanksgiving this past year. For the first time. It was so good. I've never had it before and it was so good! So I had to make it, I just haven't had a chance.
I think it is supposed to have something creamy like sour cream or mayonnaise? But we liked it this way. How do you make yours? Leave me a comment or blog post link!


Broccoli Cheese Casserole
14 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets
1 can cream of mushroom soup, or an equivalent
1- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a Colby jack)
black pepper
garlic powder
1/3- 1/2 cup milk
1 cup uncooked instant rice

Mix the mushroom soup, milk, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and rice. Stir in broccoli florets. Cover with foil.
Bake in a 350(f) degree oven for 40-45 minutes until hot and rice is tender. Removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to brown the tops.
You can refrigerate this in the morning and bake when you are ready for dinner. To bake from the refrigerator put the casserole in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees, bake as directed.
 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Give Peas A Chance is pretty clever! I think of the Julia Childs movie. Hello from your hometown! The dish looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness thank you so much!I love your blog! I need to watch the Julia Child movie!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.