Friday, May 27, 2011

Stuffed Red Chili chicken breasts

 I admit the name is lame, but I don't know what to call this goodness. I used my Red Chili sauce here- I had some in the freezer. This isn't a real recipe since I have a tendency to write down measurements and ingredients on index cards. Then I have stacks of cards full of recipes, weights, measurements and no title. Sometimes multiple recipes on each card. It's a mess :). But this dish is so worth trying!

High heat oil or bacon grease
4 Chicken breasts- pounded thin
1/2 onion sliced
Colby Jack cheese slices
Ground cumin
Paprika
Chili powder
Dried oregano
Salt 
Pepper 
Toothpicks

Mix salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder and oregano in a small bowl. Season each chicken breasts with the spices. Place cheese and wedges of onion in the middle of each piece of chicken. Roll up the chicken taking care to tuck in the ends so the cheese doesn't ooze out. Secure each roll with toothpicks. Heat a skillet with enough oil to just coat the bottom of the pan- I used cast iron. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Brown the chicken on all sides. Place the chicken seam side down, after removing toothpicks. Pour sauce over chicken, place a slice of cheese on top of each roll. Bake until chicken is cooked through. Serve with sliced green onions on top. We also had guacamole, sour cream and salad.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.