Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let's get this Day 11 Chicken, mushrooms and the explosion

Things are going well today. You're probably sick of hearing what I've eaten- this won't last forever :) it just helps me to see what my eating habits are. I really need to be better about eating breakfast so I'm not famished by lunch. I also am seeing that if I don't eat breakfast I end up eating my third meal late at night before bed.
I did good other than I had regular soy sauce today.We were out so I didn't have my Coconut Amnios. I had some roast beef and unsweetened almond milk mid morning I wasn't that hungry when I got up. Sashimi- salmon, tuna, yellowtail and snapper with dikkon radish and carrot for lunch. It was hard not to pick off the girls plates. They had this amazing fried rice and chicken wings from Pj's Rice Bistro nom nom. Dinner was yummy broiled chicken (recipe below), broiled steakhouse mushrooms, tomatoes and spaghetti squash with a little coconut oil. I also had an apple.
Now I'm having Green Eggs and Ham Grown Up. Simple, easy, good- I'll post the recipe soon.
Now what about this explosion? Well, let's just say that my facebook status update was as follows
it's not everyday one gets to announce that they have exploded their first spaghetti squash in the microwave with such force that the door flew open and guts flung out all over the place. today my friends... is my day. Thank you, I'll be here all week.
It's a good thing I had an extra laying around. Note to self, if you've think you've got enough vent holes in the squash, you don't. Just cut it in half. On to recipes...
Easy "Just Chicken"

Chicken pieces- I had a whole chicken cut in pieces
1/4 cup Coconut Amnios
3 tablespoons canola oil- or another oil that can take high heat
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Put everything in a bowl and turn to coat the chicken. You can leave this in the refrigerator in the morning and pull it out before dinner to cook, I broiled it right away. Broil, grill or roast chicken until done. Discard marinade. I broiled our chicken and it was perfect.

Broiled Steakhouse Mushrooms
If I have the oven on for dinner I like to prepare whatever I can in there all at once. Saves energy and time.
8 ounces mushroom-  washed and quartered into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons butter- or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for non dairy
1 tablespoon capers- rinsed
1 clove garlic minced
fresh lime juice
chopped flat leaf parsley 
Place mushrooms in a broiler safe pan- not a broiler pan- something that can hold the liquid from the mushrooms. Nothing too big, or the mushrooms will dry out. Toss the coconut oil/butter, capers and garlic into the mushrooms. Broil on high watching closely and stir once or twice. Before serving toss in parsley and squeeze lime juice on top.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.