Monday, April 25, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham, grown up

This is a simply satisfying meal. Add sliced tomatoes and I'm happy.
Green Eggs and Ham, grown up
2 slices pancetta
2 eggs
1/4 cup roasted Hatch green chilies- chopped, if you don't have Hatch roast any poblano LINK
1-2 teaspoons coconut oil (if the pancetta doesn't render enough fat)
Hiwa Kai black salt- optional, there's so much salt in the pancetta you don't need this, I just used it for the picture.
Place pancetta into a medium or small frying pan. Turn the heat to medium. Cook the pancetta to how crisp you like it. Warning- the longer you cook it, the saltier it tastes. Remove pancetta and place them on a paper towel to drain. Cook the eggs in the pancetta renderings. Put the green chilies in the pan to heat up. Serve eggs on top of pancetta, top with green chilies.
I like a minced garlic clove mixed in with the green chilies also.

Same dish, crispier pancetta.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.