Sunday, October 17, 2010

My favorite Cheaters Baked Beans

 I love these Cheaters Baked Beans. I call them that because I use canned beans and they take no time at all. No baking needed.  Sometimes I do bake them or throw everything in the crockpot and they are sooo good.

Cheaters Baked Beans
2 cans of baked beans (I like Bush's)
1 small onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard or 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
salt 
pepper
 Cook some bacon until crisp.. Saute the onions and  green peppers in the bacon grease. 
 Add a couple cans of baked beans, whatever you like. I like Bush's baked beans, the one with maple syrup.
Stir in some brown sugar, a squirt of mustard or some powdered mustard, pepper. Heat until warm, cover and bake, or toss it in a crock pot.
Sprinkle with cooked bacon. If I'm putting this in the oven cook the peppers and onions in a little bit of oil. Mix everything together. Put it in a baking dish and lay sliced uncooked bacon on top. Bake until hot and bacon is cooked through.
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.