Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pike Place Market Seattle WA- Guest Blogger Sarah


I love Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington.  It is an anything goes type of spot that is rich in Seattle culture.  Here you will see a large cross section of people going about their business.  Many days there are a multitude of street performers peddling their talents to interested crowds.  Everyone seems to walk at a leisurely pace as they take in the sights, sounds, and smells unique to Seattle.  If you can think of it, it can probably be found at Pikes Place Market.  There really is something for everyone, including things such as teas, handmade jewelry, glass art, produce, music, nuts, and the ever popular fish.  In fact Pikes Place Market is very well known for their famous fish throwing.  My favorite thing to buy at the market is the fresh flowers.  Bigger and prettier than anything you will see in flower shops, but more fragrant and much cheaper.  I can honestly say that there is not a single trip to Seattle's open air market that has not left me feeling welcome in that busy city.

~Sarah~

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.  ~From the movie Annie

This post was sent in by Sarah, and I absolutely agree with her Pike Place market is FANTASTIC!!  When we visited we of course took the girls down to where they throw fish. There are quaint little shops for clothing, loose leaf teas, Polish Pottery, cafés, fresh produce and flowers- GORGEOUS flowers and places to dine galore! From great little side street booths with fresh Chinese Bao, Irish Pubs with awesome Steak and Kidney pies- SO good to fine dinning. So much to see! THANK YOU Sarah for sharing with us! Share your little gem with is!  To send in your post click here for the email address.- Natesgirl


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Pikes Place is one of many reason I miss WA, Seattle especially, so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.